Rockfire Resources plc is expanding its project portfolio and is seeking a full-time Exploration Geologist to join our dynamic company. Rockfire is listed on the London Stock Exchange and the
position will be based in Australia.
Reporting to the Exploration Manager, the role involves extensive field exploration work. The Company is actively exploring its gold and copper projects, which are all located in the Charters
Towers, Bowen, Proserpine, and Collinsville districts of North Queensland, Australia.
The position requires an experienced Exploration Geologist to be based in either Brisbane or North Queensland (Mackay to Townsville area).
The role involves:
- Communicating with landowners, contractors, field personnel and the QLD Department of
Mining, Energy and Water
- Completing field exploration work, including geological and alteration mapping, geochemical
- Supervision of RC and diamond drilling programmes including geological and geotechnical
logging, supervision of core cutting and sampling and all aspects of drilling campaigns
- Managing and supervising field teams, including field technicians and contractors
- Completing office-based work including annual exploration reports and planning and
budgeting for exploration programmes
- Interpretation of exploration results and generating exploration targets
To be successful, you must: –
- Hold a current manual driver’s licence
- Be permitted to reside and work in Queensland, Australia
- Be a passionate, responsible and self-motivated individual with clear communication skills
- Have demonstrated skills in alteration mapping. Experience in porphyry copper environments
is a distinct advantage
- Be capable of working independently
- Be willing and capable of working for extended periods during drilling campaigns
- Hold a minimum qualification of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree, majoring in Geology
- Have at least 5 years practical, field-based exploration experience
- Be competent in the use of GIS software (e.g., MapInfo). Having a working knowledge of
Micromine is a distinct advantage
- Be willing and capable of operating from field camps including tent accommodation, campfire
cooking and bush ablutions
- Have a high attention to detail to ensure data accuracy and quality geological work
- Be motivated to make mineral discoveries
- Be willing and capable of working in mountainous, hot and humid environments
- Be safety aware and willing to adhere to the Rockfire safety protocols
Highly valued experience will include: –
- Geological, structural and alteration mapping, with particular emphasis on alteration
- Epithermal and porphyry copper systems
- Management and supervision of diamond and RC drilling programmes
- An impeccable record of communicating with landholders
The remuneration is considered competitive and will reflect the calibre and experience of the successful candidate.
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.